Home Insurance Claims Issues
When your property suffers from tragic damage such as a fire. You would expect your insurance to cover all the costs of the repair.

Yet this is not always the case. Around 79% of all home insurance claims were successful. And the average pay-out was only £2,520.

Problems with Home Insurance Claims

There are many ways an insurance company can reject your claim. Some home insurance policy’s state that a home must be well maintained. Others will use complicated wording to make you think you have the correct cover.

Then when you come to make a home insurance claim, they use this against you and reject your claim.

When a claim gets rejected it can be very difficult to get the insurance to review the claim. Your best option is to hire a Loss Adjuster to represent you during your home insurance claim. While these services are usually not free the benefits definitely outweigh the price.

How a Loss Adjuster Can Help You

Many people have problems with their home insurance claims when the insuer rejects or denies thier claim


A Loss Adjuster will review your policy and pick out anything missed in your claim. From there

they will re-negotiate with the insurance. Then aim to get you an amount that can cover the costs of your repair.

This can sometimes mean your claim value rising by £5000. Or could mean your insurance provides you with emergency accommodation.

Whatever your insurance has stated in your policy a Loss Adjusters will aim to get.

When searching for a Loss Adjuster, there are a few things you should look out for. Any loss adjuster must register with the Financial Conduct Authority. Also checking that they are regulated by the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters.

These loss adjusters are the recognised industry experts and have achieved the highest qualification in claims management.

Both of these organisations impose a strict code of conduct. They ensure your treated fairly and ensures your settlement is safe from any unwanted interference.

Public Loss Adjusters

Public Loss Adjusters handle home insurance claims for the policy holder.

If you’re looking for a Loss Adjuster, I would have to recommend the Public Loss Adjusting Group. They have a highly sophisticated claims management service. They also have 75 years of combined experience in loss adjusting. Meaning they are very capable of handling your claim.

They cover all aspects of insured property damage. Such as fire, flood and storm damage.

Public Loss Adjuster are also a recognised supplier to the National Landlords Association. Who they provide a free 30 minute consultation to any members.

The best time to appoint a Loss Adjuster is before you contact your insurer. This gives the loss adjuster time to get vital details about your claim which strengthens there negotiation power.  If you have already begun your claim it is not an issue. Most policyholders seek a loss adjuster when they face issues with their insurers.

If you want to read more about Loss Adjusting or if you have a claim your struggling with then click here.